VP Finance & Operations
Apptentive is growing and we are looking for a Vice President of Finance and Operations to help expand the company through strategic leadership and vision.
Apptentive helps thousands of companies use their mobile applications to build deeper, more meaningful relationships with millions of people around the world. We believe software is powering more relationships than ever before and that we can help make software about People. We’re building the platform to power customer communication for the modern business. We’re a rapidly growing, well-funded startup based in Seattle that’s passionate about building great products with a fun, dedicated hardworking team.
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO and serving as an integral member of the Leadership team, the Vice President of Finance and Operations (VP) will be building sound financial operations of our high-growth SaaS business. You will be asked to think strategically and operationally about the business. In this role, you will be responsible for developing dynamic financial planning and analysis and building rigorous financial and operating processes that align with the Company’s operating goals.
You will be responsible for:
- Building the Company’s Financial Planning & Analysis function including financial modeling, financial systems, controls and processes, budgeting and forecasting, and cash management.
- Contributing to the development of Apptentive’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Designing and implementing rigorous and disciplined financial processes to drive business clarity and ensure full visibility to business opportunities and risks.
- Identifying business growth opportunities and providing critical information and analysis for highly informed, analytically-driven decision-making.
- Scaling and rapidly growing a one-of-a-kind startup, furthering our goal of being one of the best places to work.
- Developing strong and trusted relationships across the key operating leaders of the business in order to collaborate on evaluating business operational decisions and to ensure accountability.
- Upgrading and implementing an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Ensuring that Apptentive is adhering to the strategic plan and delivering reports to the board, leadership team and the overall company.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Business or Accounting degree mandatory, an MBA and/or CPA are preferred
- 10+ years of financial experience, at least 5 of which were in mid to senior level positions responsible for financial planning, analysis, and accounting.
- Ability to drive business insights, actions, and accountability across the organization, and to communicate confidently to company leadership.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively and engender confidence.
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Capable of independently managing multiple projects in a highly deadline-driven environment with a high level of precision
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Software industry experience is preferred, with an emphasis on SaaS software.
- Proficiency in computer-based analysis and complex financial modeling using Excel and other tools
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) and generous family leave policies
- 401k, HRA and monthly Orca pass
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid professional development (conferences/courses)
- A chance to build something great with other amazing people
How We Work:
- We have ownership on how we complete work and take responsibility for our outcomes
- We are creative in how we approach problems and deliver pragmatically
- We share information and learn from each other
- We pride ourselves on being adaptable because change is a constant
- We focus on the customer to give them a voice
- We make mistakes, learn and improve as we iterate
How We Do Not Work:
- We are not competitive with each other, and we greatly appreciate diverse thinking
- We are not defined by our roles. We get opportunities to work on new areas to expand our knowledge and abilities
- We don’t work at all hours, because we have friends and families, and they are important to us
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Find out why we love to work at Apptentive! https://www.apptentive.com/about/careers/
This position is based at our Apptentive offices in Downtown Seattle